Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03 pm

By Jennifer Garcia and Mike Fleeman Friday April 04, 2008 11:55 PM EDT

After years of speculation, singer Beyonce Knowles wed her longtime boyfriend, rapper Jay-Z, on Friday, a friend of the couple tells People.

Though there is no official confirmation, the friend says, "It happened earlier this evening. Jay wanted it to be a really private affair – close friends and family."

The ceremony was followed by a lavish party at the rapper's Tribeca apartment that drew Beyoncé's mother Tina Knowles, her father/manager Mathew, her sister Solange, her Destiny's Child mates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple's friend Gwyneth Paltrow.

The wedding buzz began when the couple went to get a marriage license at a village hall in Scarsdale, N.Y., on Tuesday.

DJ Cassidy, a favorite of Jay-Z, was hired to spin. "Cassidy mentioned a week ago that he was really excited for the Jay Z and Beyoncé's wedding party to happen," says the friend.

Early Friday morning, workers erected a white tent atop the building in Tribeca, where Jay-Z owns a penthouse apartment. Not long after, an SUV carrying what seemed to be AV equipment arrived, followed by deliveries of party rentals and flowers.

A tent on the roof of the building where Jay-Z owns an apartment in New York Photo by: Isabella Dickerson / Splash News Online

A source tells PEOPLE that Amy's Orchids was hired to provide 50,000 to 60,000 white orchid blooms from Thailand for a "big party." At the apartment, waiters were seen practicing their service.

Flowers and candelabras arrive at Jay-Z's New York City home on FridayPhoto by: Isabella Dickerson / Splash News Online

A couple since 2002, Jay-Z, 38, and Knowles, 26, always kept quiet about their relationship, even as they were photographed together on romantic holidays around the world.

Still, marriage seemed to be in the cards – eventually. "I never pictured myself as a bride," she told Cosmopolitan in January 2006, "but after my sister's wedding, I did start thinking about what kind of wedding I'd want. I don't think I want a big one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Beyonce and Jay-Z married? Party points to wedding   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:06 pm

NEW YORK (AP) -- It appears that Jay-Z and Beyonce have finally tied the knot.
There was a swirl of activity Friday at the rap mogul's Tribeca apartment.

Delivery trucks funneled in and out of the building, dropping off silver candelabras and white flowers.

A white tent was set up on the roof, and stars including Beyonce's former Destiny's Child bandmates, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, along with actress Gwyneth Paltrow, were spotted arriving.

A swarm of media camped outside the building was in a state of frenzy, snapping and shouting at any sport-utility vehicle that drove down the cobblestone street.

The Web sites of celebrity magazines People and Us Weekly reported the couple married and threw a lavish but small party at the apartment Friday, citing unnamed sources who are friends with the pair.

The Web sites reported their families attended the party.

Rumors circulated all week about the event after a report that the couple had taken out a marriage license in Scarsdale, New York. Representatives for Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z declined to comment on reports ahead of the event. Jay-Z's publicist had no comment Saturday.

The couple, who have apparently been dating for six years, have never publicly acknowledged they are together. Knowles, 26, and Jay-Z, 38, whose real name is Shawn Carter, have collaborated on the songs "03 Bonnie and Clyde" and "Crazy In Love."

It's been a big week for the hip-hop mogul. On Thursday, concert promoter Live Nation Inc. said it was in talks with Jay-Z over a potential business deal.

The Los Angeles-based company stopped short of confirming published reports that the deal would give Live Nation a stake in virtually every aspect of Jay-Z's career and land him a potential windfall in excess of $100 million.

A person familiar with the negotiations between Live Nation and Jay-Z told The Associated Press that the proposed 10-year deal was worth about $150 million and would cover three albums.

The person requested anonymity because of the confidential nature of the ongoing talks.

Live Nation is currently producing a tour with Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige.
Back to top Go down
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:30 pm

th_cheers2 to the Newlyweds
Back to top Go down
candygirl
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm

i say!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:22 am

oops, I didnt realize this was posted here, and instead posted it in another room--MY Bad! Anyways--I'm happy for them , bah! Like the age gap and they make a lovely couple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
Mrs.JAY

Female
Number of posts : 344
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:22 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
oops, I didnt realize this was posted here, and instead posted it in another section--MY Bad! Anyways--I'm happy for them , bah! Like the age gap and they make a lovely couple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberianyouthnetwork.org
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 am

Mrs.JAY wrote:
Mrs.JAY wrote:
oops, I didnt realize this was posted here, and instead posted it in another section--MY Bad! Anyways--I'm happy for them , bah! Like the age gap and they make a lovely couple.

we have ORDER in the room th_mrgreen ...I'll just delete it..no problem smile_approve
Back to top Go down
LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   Thu May 01, 2008 4:14 am

Age ain't nothing but a number as Aaliyah said and if they're happy i guess nothing else matters. :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Are Married   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1