Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sirleaf’s 2nd term bid gets US moral support

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Sirleaf’s 2nd term bid gets US moral support   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 pm

US Secretary of state Hillary Clinton has given moral support to President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s bid for a second term.

An Executive mansion release says Mrs. Clinton told a town hall meeting in the US she was delighted over the president’s decision.

The meeting with State Department employees in Washington, D.C was in celebration of Mrs. Clinton’s first year in office as Secretary of State.

According to the Executive Mansion the U.S Secretary of State made specific reference to the pioneering role played by President Sirleaf in combating gender-based violence in Liberia.

Madam Clinton reportedly spoke of the creation of special programs including a special court to protect women and children in Liberia.

The moral support comes amidst criticisms from several quarters that President Sirleaf betrayed Liberians by going back on her promise of one term.

Meanwhile, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has described as creative tension, the debate that followed her announcement to run for a second term.

The President said it was healthy for the democratic process in Liberia.

Madam Sirleaf in a simple English program to be broadcast said she made the decision in a quest to implement development programs that have started.

The president said she underestimated the challenges when she made a one term promise in 2005, saying a second term was necessary to complete the job.

Madam Sirleaf believes if another person takes over, he or she will not effectively implement development programs as planned by this government.

President Sirleaf also dismissed criticisms that she violated the constitution by announcing her bid during her annual message, saying the constitution does not forbid her.

http://www.starradio.org.lr/content/view/14592/380/

bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Sirleaf’s 2nd term bid gets US moral support   Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm

da women thing na. Let Secretary Clinton go sleep. Ellen will not win in Liberia my people............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Sirleaf’s 2nd term bid gets US moral support   Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Chay........Bellah u vex with d oldma? Wait for 2011 na.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sirleaf’s 2nd term bid gets US moral support   Today at 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1