Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Quake Survivor Lived On Beer For 11 Days

Go down 
AuthorMessage
candygirl
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Quake Survivor Lived On Beer For 11 Days   Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:59 pm

(The Monitor, 01/25/2010) “Quake Survivor Lived On Beer For 11 Days”

A shop worker buried in the Haiti quake has been pulled alive from the rubble after 11 days – and told how he survived on beer and cookies.

Dozens of onlookers cheered as Wismond Exantus emerged smiling from a deep tuned drilled by rescuers. Mr. Exantus had initially survived by diving under a desk when the rubble started to fall round him as the quake struck. The 24-year-old found himself trapped in a tiny space but discovered a few select groceries within arms’ reach beer, biscuits and cola. Speaking from his hospital bed he said: I was hungry. But every night I thought about the revelation that I would survive. “ I would eat any thing I found. After the quake I didn’t know when it was day and when it was night. “It was God Who was tucking me away in his arms. It gave me strength.”

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josie

Female
Number of posts : 303
Say Whatever : Failure is an event and not a person, be strong and show the real you to others.
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Quake Survivor Lived On Beer For 11 Days   Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmmmm, Thank GOD fo his life............
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Quake Survivor Lived On Beer For 11 Days
Page 1 of 1