TECHNICAL EXPERT – Women’s Rights and The Macro Economy
Salary - £ 27,094 Location: Home Based in a Country where ActionAid International has an office
International terms and conditions of service apply.Reporting to the International Theme Head the Technical Expert
– Women’s Rights and the Macro Economy will be responsible
for leading the Women’s Rights Theme’s policy advocacy and
programme initiative on; Development Finance, Aid, Feminist
Economics, and the macro-economy.
The incumbent will also provide leadership on the emerging policy advocacy and program work on Women’s Rights in National Development Strategies.
This will be achieved through the following key performance
- Developing Policy advocacy and community based
Programmes in this area, building alliances with
women’s movements, and developing AAI’s profile on
women’s rights and the macro economy.
- Programme Development and providing support to
selected country programmes, in collaboration with
other programme support units.
- Fundraising and Partnership development for multi
The desired candidate will have:
- An advanced degree in Economics or a first degree with more than 7 years’ experience.
- Thorough policy knowledge of Women’s Rights
and Development finance, Aid, or feminist economics.
- Demonstrable experience and skills in conducting research.
- Knowledge and experience of lobbying and influencing policy
makers in strategic decision making spaces; international and
regional institutions, and national governments.
- In depth knowledge of current debates and thinking on National Development Strategies and women’s rights within that.
- Experience in working with complex macro economic issues
and turning these into programming initiatives that can
engage women at macro and micro levels.
- At least 5 years‘experience of leading advocacy, and or programmes on the ground in this area.
- Strong and effective communication skills and proven ability to negotiate with policy makers, and influence change.
- Strong commitment to upholding and promoting feminist values.
- Fluency in English – written and
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Applications should be sent to
email@example.com no later than 26th January
All applicants should apply on AAI application forms,
found on our website - www.actionaid.org.
Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their
individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged