Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is Education Overrated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
krazzy

Female
Number of posts : 2353
Say Whatever : your best friend can be your worst enemy and so forth..lol
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Is Education Overrated?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:58 pm

why do people think that there is a relationship between leadership,performance and education? can someone who has never attended formal school work as a representative/senator in the Liberia Government and perform their tasks in an effective manner? just asking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DSP

Male
Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Is Education Overrated?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 am

yes it's over rated when it comes to certain moral and ethical codes, but it does augment one's knowledge.

I also think it helps if you live in an environment where the mentality is not of thinkers but just people acting on impulse. Education would help to calm that, or maybe even some type of lifestyle change more so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nica

Female
Number of posts : 1026
Say Whatever : Yes We Did!
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Is Education Overrated?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:46 am

I've heard it said that," A little education is a dangerous thing."
I lean towards believing that. Especially when the partial education pertains to competency in the arena in which one is serving.

Life experience, divine gifting and even destiny are factors that contribute to the performance capabilities of any given individual.

But I want my algebra instructor to be well instructed.

Someone representing the people...well...without any formal education is quite possible as life experience, interpersonal communication skills and being in-tune with the pulse of the people weighs heavily on the value scale.

But being as effective as possible may not be attainable if that individual has not acquired the skill set or developed the often ever evolving knowledge base for the his/her area of concern. That is something that hopefully formal education affords the individual attaining it.

But in the age of the world wide web, Anyone with a basic education can learn and broaden their scope immensely with access to the internet.

I had a little bit of education in computer science during attaining my Elementary Education degree. But I have gotten vastly ahead of all I received there, on my own, via self taught efforts on the internet. The people I create websites for are not at all perturbed that I have no formal education in the field.

I think it is all relative to the field in which the performance is expected and the personal attributes of the individual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.apublicsecret.com
bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Education Overrated?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:23 am

In the country of the blind, one eye man is their king. Until we can educate the masses, this problem will confront each and every day of our lives......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Education Overrated?   Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Basic High School education should be on the resume of our leaders....KR. I learned that Mr. Dillon is not high school graduate. Is it true Monrovians. Gadyu can u please confirm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Education Overrated?   Today at 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down

Is Education Overrated?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1