Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:01 am

Ring the wedding bells!

"Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were married tonight in an intimate ceremony at their home in Los Angeles," their spokesperson tells PEOPLE exclusively.

DeGeneres, 50, and de Rossi, 35, both wore Zac Posen and exchanged rings by Neil Lane during the Saturday ceremony. Their big day also featured arrangements by L.A. florist Mark's Garden.

The intimate ceremony was attended by 19 guests, including DeGeneres's mom Betty and de Rossi's mother Margaret Rogers (who flew in from Australia for the occasion), who witnessed the couple exchange handwritten vows.

The couple have been dating since December 2004. DeGeneres announced her plans to wed de Rossi during a taping of her talk show in May after California's Supreme Court ruled a previous ban on gay marriage to be unconstitutional.

The following month de Rossi showed off a 3-carat diamond ring set on a pink pavé band DeGeneres presented to her for their upcoming nuptials when the pair attended the Daytime Emmy Awards together.

"She's taught me lessons about myself, and I feel like I've taught her," the TV host said of de Rossi last year. "We've both changed and grown, and we just feel like, 'Oh, okay, this is completion.'"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20219790,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

LadyFlo

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:41 am

hmmm... what can we say.. it really dont matter cuz they'll do what they want to (they already have!). I guess congrats is all that needs to be added..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
candygirl
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:22 am

congrats girls

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:26 am

I like Ellen, I think she's funny....but not her lifestyle smile_approve, but to each their own.

candygirl
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:35 am

yeah, to each her own... she would say she aint like yours either th_mrgreen

~MHK

Last edited by candygirl on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellah

Male
Number of posts : 1605
Say Whatever : \
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:07 am

Who are we to judge people...We live in free world and everybody will give account of their own stewardship...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1