Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:07 am

In the case of the scandal and drama surrounding actress LisaRaye McCoy-Misick and her estranged husband Michael Eugene Misick, the hype can be believed.

Amid various Internet reports that the 'Players' Club' beauty and the Turks and Caicos Premier are involved in the messy dissolution of their two-year marriage

-- which includes allegations of infidelity with BET's '106 & Park' host
Rocsi and a subsequent assault -- McCoy-Misick is coming clean about the debacle.

Via her longtime spokeswoman Lynn Alan Jeter, she issued the following statement to BlackVoices.com.

"It is with great sadness that I have to announce that my husband and I have separated.

Last night, Wednesday August 13, 2008, an attempt was made by and on behalf of my husband to first prevent my entry into our home and then, later, to make me leave our home by force.

It was necessary for me to receive medical treatment for injuries suffered and in relation to those injuries I shall continue to assist the police force with its [inquiries].

"Whilst it is my sincere wish to avoid unnecessary conflict, I shall not be intimidated, nor shall those individuals whose job it is to protect and represent me.

I ask that my privacy be respected in these difficult times and I believe that the people of the TCI will understand and support my wish to receive the necessary independent representation from the legal counsel of my choosing. I hope that, in time, the TCI government will come to share that view.

Although I have always been a supportive wife even in light of the very serious allegations currently pending against the Premier, there are limits even for me.

I continue to have the utmost respect for the people of the TCI who have always shown me kindness and support. I vow to continue my work amongst the people of Turks and Caicos Islands.

Until recently I had hoped that I would be able to continue to assist my husband during what will undoubtedly be difficult times ahead for him.
I do not wish to have to add to his difficulties."

A spokesperson for the Turks and Caicos tourism board could not be reached by deadline.

Last edited by Geyla Queen on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 am

This is the official news in TCI

Turks and Caicos Premier and First Lady involved in violent confrontation

Published on Thursday, August 14,

PROVIDENCIALES, Turks and Caicos: The Premier of the Turks and
Caicos Islands (TCI) Michael Misick, and his estranged wife LisaRaye
McCoy-Misick were involved in a violent confrontation at the Premier’s mansion on Wednesday night, according to reliable sources.

Turks and Caicos Premier Michael Misick and LisaRaye McCoy-Misick in happier days.

The fight, which reportedly occurred in the presence of a number of
government officials, including the Minister for Health and Education, Lillian Been-Boyce, resulted in both Misicks seeking emergency medical attention for bites. Each has filed a police report against the other.

On Tuesday,
Michael Misick had released a brief press statement, saying, “I am announcing that I am separated from LisaRaye McCoy-Misick.”

LisaRaye had returned to the TCI this week, reportedly to negotiate a divorce settlement but, according to our sources, this process had gone very badly from her standpoint. Misick is said to have refused to allow his wife to stay at the Premier’s mansion and she is believed to be staying at a local beach resort.

On Wednesday night, for unknown reasons, LisaRaye decided to confront Misick at his mansion, which resulted in the violent altercation.

The April 2006 marriage between Misick and his American actress bride, which reportedly began as a fairytale union, started to unravel early this year under a shroud of controversy and speculation.

In April 2008, just two years into the marriage, Misick was accused of sexually assaulting a US citizen on a visit to the Premier’s mansion in the TCI. Just days after the allegations were made, the Premier issued a televised statement that “strongly and categorically” denied
the charges.

It was reported that the female visitor in question was a friend of LisaRaye’s, who was visiting the actress and staying at the Misick home.

In early August, information from the First Lady’s publicist stated that the Premier was spotted at the Turks and Caicos Music Festival with
entertainment personality BET VJ Rosci, while his wife was in New York City (NYC). Unconfirmed reports say Rosci stayed at the Misick home and hosted guests as if she were the lady of the house.

Simultaneously, reports and photos of the First Lady with a mystery man in NYC surfaced on the Internet. According to her publicist, “The reports were false” and “the pictures could have been taken as she was walking by,” adding, “LisaRaye is still married and would not do anything to compromise her situation.”

Misick said in his statement on Tuesday, “I am committed to dissolving the marriage amicably,” adding, “I believe that this is a private matter and will have no further comments.”

However, Wednesday night’s incident would seem to indicate that the
process will be neither amicable nor private.

In addition to the allegations of sexual assault, this is not the first time that the Premier has been involved in physical violence. In July last year, a confrontation between Misick and opposition Member of Parliament, Arthur Robinson, reportedly led to Robinson being punched in the chest several times by Misick.

The incident stemmed from an attempt by Robinson, along with Shaun Malcolm, then national chairman of the People's Democratic Movement (PDM) opposition party, to videotape Misick’s return to the country by private jet at a time when Misick had been accused of being an "absentee premier" by the opposition.

However, after videotaping Misick's arrival at the airport, Robinson and Malcolm were leaving the vicinity of the airport when they were accosted by Misick and his armed bodyguards, who reportedly confiscated the video camera belonging to Malcolm being used for this purpose.

Robinson claimed that Misick himself reportedly punched him (Robinson) five or six times in the chest.

In separate interviews with Caribbean Net News, both Robinson and
Malcolm confirmed the reports and added that, subsequent to the alleged assault on Robinson by Misick, the premier’s office attempted to persuade the local police not to accept complaints in the matter from the opposition politicians.

This has led to further claims of obstruction of justice by the opposition politicians, as the police force in the Turks and Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory, is under the control of the governor, not the elected government.

Misick, in a subsequent address to the country, claimed that it was Robinson who attacked him. Misick indicated in his statement that he saw someone adjacent to the airport pointing an object at him, and he was unable to determine whether it was a camera or a firearm. He went on to say that he feared for his life, yet apparently nevertheless drove directly towards the perceived threat, presumably thereby placing himself squarely in harm’s way.

Misick is said to have been successful in influencing those officials
involved in local law enforcement and the administration of justice to drop the matter, which accordingly never came before the courts to adjudicate.

Observers in the TCI are therefore watching the latest situation with
great interest to see if it is similarly dropped without legal proceedings being commenced by the authorities. The Premier’s position may be somewhat different on this occasion, given a stronger British presence in the country as a result of a recently appointed Commission of Enquiry to investigate numerous allegation of widespread corruption within the local government.

Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:37 am

scar on LisaRaye’s arm after an altercation in Turks & Caicos.

LisaRaye's bruised and discolored leg, after an altercation.

LisaRaye's shoulder, bruised from an incident in Turks & Caicos.

Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 am

After a whirlwind courtship, fairy-tale wedding and two years of marriage, the First Lady of Turks & Caicos and actress LisaRaye McCoy-Misick and Premier Michael Misick have separated and are headed for divorce court.

On August 14, 2008, McCoy-Misick was taken to the island’s police department by her publicist, Lynn Jeter of Lynn Allen Jeter and Associates, and her personal bodyguard and cousin, Phillip Travis.

The former star of sitcom "All of Us" spent nearly seven hours filing a report following an alleged altercation between herself, husband Misick, the couple's personal security, and Jeter, that took place on August 13 at the presidential palace, the premier’s mansion. When contacted by ESSENCE.com, Misick’s office had no comment.

According to Jeter, the actress had returned to Turks & Caicos for a scheduled meeting with her and Misick’s lawyers in hopes to reach a temporary spousal-support agreement until their divorce is finalized. The Chi-town native believed all had gone well until she learned that Misick and his lawyer reneged on the settlement. It wasn’t until she returned to the presidential palace, where she stayed in a separate bedroom the week prior, that, for unknown reasons, she was refused entry and allegedly physically forced to leave the property, Jeter explains.

Despite reports that McCoy-Misick’s rep was also involved in the incident, Jeter denies allegations that she assaulted anyone. “I’m too grown for that,” she told ESSENCE.com. “I don’t do drama and altercations unless it’s verbal, because I can mediate that.”

Since then, the first lady and premier have each released personal statements alleging that both were assaulted by individuals from the other party’s entourage. Reportedly McCoy-Misick sustained injuries, including a bite mark and visible bruises. But Jeter assures that her client is doing well. “LisaRaye is fine and in good spirits,” Jeter told ESSENCE.com, “and is working to get this matter resolved quickly as she moves forward with her career.”

ESSENCE.com obtained photos of McCoy-Misick’s alleged injuries from a source close to the situation who asked not to be identified.

Despite allegations of corruption and rape charges against the premier (which Misick strongly denies), McCoy-Misick has never publicly spoken about the charges against her husband, but she recently released a statement announcing their separation.

“I ask that my privacy be respected in these difficult times and I believe that the people of the Turks & Caicos Islands will understand and support my wish to receive the necessary independent representation from the legal counsel of my choosing. I hope that, in time, the Turks & Caicos Islands government will come to share that view. Although I have always been a supportive wife even in light of the very serious allegations currently pending against the premier, there are limits even for me.”

Geyla Queen
Admin

Female
My Mood :

PostSubject: Re: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 am

LisaRaye and Michael in happier times

First Lady of Turks & Caicos LisaRaye McCoy-Misick with husband Honorable Michael E. Misick at the 10th anniversary of Black Sports Agents Association event in Hollywood in 2006.

The couple at the closing night gala for the 2006 Turks & Caicos International Film Festival.

LisaRaye and Misick at the 2007 NAACP Theater Awards.

The Misicks attend an event in Beverly Hills, California.

The couple at LisaRaye’s 40th birthday party in Beverly Hills, California.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending   

Back to top Go down

LisaRaye McCoy Misick: Coming Clean About Marriage Ending
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1