Liberian-Village

A social network forum where we discuss various issues as they relate to our Liberian society, culture, arts and entertainment.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:33 am

I'm extending the reading throughout August.

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"


Last edited by Geyla Queen on Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:36 am

you aint finish reading the june book EVERSINCE then you talking about this one?? SMH smile_approve th_mrgreen

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 am

candygirl wrote:
you aint finish reading the june book EVERSINCE then you talking about this one?? SMH smile_approve th_mrgreen

Have you read this one yet Rolling Eyes

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:46 am

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
you aint finish reading the june book EVERSINCE then you talking about this one?? SMH smile_approve th_mrgreen

Have you read this one yet Rolling Eyes

why bother? when the FIRST one hasnt been read by the majority of the club memebers...? nor discussed properly? Rolling Eyes

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jocelyn

avatar

Female
Number of posts : 323
Points : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 am

candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
you aint finish reading the june book EVERSINCE then you talking about this one?? SMH smile_approve th_mrgreen

Have you read this one yet Rolling Eyes

why bother? when the FIRST one hasnt been read by the majority of the club memebers...? nor discussed properly? Rolling Eyes

that's how i felt... so i didn't even buy the book.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 am

see? smile_approve

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:21 am

candygirl wrote:
see? smile_approve

so is that...is that my fault Rolling Eyes

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:22 am

partly, yes, cuz you the Book club MOD, and YOU havent even finished the book yet... th_mrgreen

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:33 am

candygirl wrote:
partly, yes, cuz you the Book club MOD, and YOU havent even finished the book yet... th_mrgreen

I am a avdit reader..but I have real life issues to deal with right now...which has prevented me from reading. The 4 of 5 of yor that did complete the book, I don't see your saying anything about it. I give my imput already. I didn't find the last book to be all that great.....you don't need me to disscuss the book...so Geyla should do everything Rolling Eyes .

This was just an idea that worked very well on my other site. If yor don't want the club...I can cancel it.

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
Jocelyn

avatar

Female
Number of posts : 323
Points : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:17 am

what's this aye! angry1 th_mrgreen But I agree w/Geyla too.... The members have to be committed to reading and participating in the discussions for the club to work..One person can't carry this..... It has to be interactive....Otherwise, we can just have a page where people can recommend good books......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
partly, yes, cuz you the Book club MOD, and YOU havent even finished the book yet... th_mrgreen

I am a avdit reader..but I have real life issues to deal with right now...which has prevented me from reading. The 4 of 5 of yor that did complete the book, I don't see your saying anything about it. I give my imput already. I didn't find the last book to be all that great.....you don't need me to disscuss the book...so Geyla should do everything Rolling Eyes .

This was just an idea that worked very well on my other site. If yor don't want the club...I can cancel it.

you got Kru blood in you?
why you like plawa so?
geeze Rolling Eyes

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyFlo

avatar

Female
Number of posts : 2224
Location : Decatur, GA
Say Whatever : Luv me as I am cuz u can't be me and I can't and don't wanna be u!
My Mood :
Points : 213
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:13 am

peace pls and lets try to : read the books voted on.. ok people. Extending the date seems a not so bad idea and every member shud try to read the book. even if you haven't completed you still have an idea and what its about and can contribute to the discussion...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:52 am

candygirl wrote:
Geyla Queen wrote:
candygirl wrote:
partly, yes, cuz you the Book club MOD, and YOU havent even finished the book yet... th_mrgreen

I am a avdit reader..but I have real life issues to deal with right now...which has prevented me from reading. The 4 of 5 of yor that did complete the book, I don't see your saying anything about it. I give my imput already. I didn't find the last book to be all that great.....you don't need me to disscuss the book...so Geyla should do everything Rolling Eyes .

This was just an idea that worked very well on my other site. If yor don't want the club...I can cancel it.

you got Kru blood in you?
why you like plawa so?
geeze Rolling Eyes
no but I got Kur D*** in me....maybe da way lol!

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:47 pm

hahaha... that must be it th_mrgreen cuz you too fussy....

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm

candygirl wrote:
hahaha... that must be it th_mrgreen cuz you too fussy....

lol! I just tell it like it is th_mrgreen

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:49 pm

man lappa

_________________
For how can love attain true appreciation
if it has never weathered tribulation?

~MHK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:50 pm

candygirl wrote:
man lappa

Looks who's talking Rolling Eyes

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
candygirl
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 5916
Location : Monrovia, Liberia
Say Whatever : Laughter is the best medicine
My Mood :
Points : 2260
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 pm

da me talking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:46 pm

So what do yor want to do?

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
Jocelyn

avatar

Female
Number of posts : 323
Points : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Prob we should carry on for another few months. and like you said extend till end of August...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Jocelyn wrote:
Prob we should carry on for another few months. and like you said extend till end of August...

I think so too. I'm going to look into e-books that are FREE, this may help our international readers.

Thanks Edina for the link smile_approve
http://e-library.net/freeebooks.html

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
sunshine



Female
Number of posts : 83
My Mood :
Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 am

Hi You guys,

I've just joined the book club. I'm not sure what book you all are supposed to be reading for August. Can you clarify for me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:08 am

sunshine wrote:
Hi You guys,

I've just joined the book club. I'm not sure what book you all are supposed to be reading for August. Can you clarify for me?

Sarah's Psalm by Florence Ladd.

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
sunshine



Female
Number of posts : 83
My Mood :
Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:15 am

Forgive me for not properly greeting you guys...

Hello beautiful people of the village book club!!!! I am here to delight in your company while sharing our insights, feelings and thoughts about the books that we are reading together.

Doing anything as a group is powerful, and lets face it, books can be life-changing... so lets grow and learn together.. and be patient and loving with each other in the process :-)

GQ, you are loved darling!!!! ...and it's OK that you haven't finished the book (whatever it is). Share when you're ready.

So as soon as you guys tell me what book we're reading, I'll get started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geyla Queen
Admin
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 6443
Age : 40
Location : Atlanta, GA
Say Whatever : I'm still holding on.
My Mood :
Points : 4301
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:23 am

sunshine wrote:
Forgive me for not properly greeting you guys...

Hello beautiful people of the village book club!!!! I am here to delight in your company while sharing our insights, feelings and thoughts about the books that we are reading together.

Doing anything as a group is powerful, and lets face it, books can be life-changing... so lets grow and learn together.. and be patient and loving with each other in the process :-)

GQ, you are loved darling!!!! ...and it's OK that you haven't finished the book (whatever it is). Share when you're ready.

So as soon as you guys tell me what book we're reading, I'll get started.

Don't mind dem ya....It's only like 7 of us in the club...you make 8 now th_boogie ...whole day we just fussing lol! , but that's what makes it fun. We are now reading Sarah's Psalm by Florence Ladd.

ehn you said you already read Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo? Please tell us your input on this book , just click the topic link below and it'll take to the discussion. thanks

DISCUSSION: Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coehlo (6-30-08)

_________________
The More I Know....The More I Know I Need To Know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.liberian-village.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club   

Back to top Go down
 
DISCUSSION: Status of the Village Book Club
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"
» different kind of Christian book club
» George Clooney Rumoured New Movie - Quantum Village
» Assignment 9: Book design discussion Due Oct 7
» 3-D TARDIS Model Kit book review wanted

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberian-Village :: Liberian-Village Forums :: Bai T. Moore Reading Lounge :: Village Book Club-
Jump to: